We can not say you will taste the exact flavors of an authentic Tom Kha soup from Thailand, but this is definitely still tasty!
about 4 servings
Calories Per Serving:
Sides, lunch, dinner
- 1 can of regular coconut milk
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 quarter-size slices fresh ginger
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, cut in 1-in. pieces
- 1.5 pound boneless skinned chicken breast, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice and lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili paste
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
Nutrition For Coconut Milk Soup
Protein: 43 grams
Carbs: 1.6 grams NET carbs 1.5 grams
Fat: 4.5 grams
Step by Step Instructions for the Coconut Milk Chicken Soup (Tom Kha)
In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, broth, ginger, and lemongrass and bring to boil over high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and chili paste.
Lastly, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is firm and opaque, 5 to 10 minutes. Discard lemongrass. Garnish servings with basil and cilantro.Make sure it is mixed well, and enjoy hot!