This is one whole recipe the whole family will enjoy!
Calories Per Serving:
- 16 oz. whole-wheat linguine ( or any noodles you like)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 c. fat free milk
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 frozen bag of broccoli or 1 large head of fresh
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly chopped parsley, for serving
A few quick tips:
-Technically you can use all the different types of vegetables that you would ever want!
-For convenience, we just used frozen bags of broccoli
Protein: 25.21 grams
Carbs: 27.3 grams NET carbs 24 grams
Fat: 7.9 grams
Step by Step Instructions
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook linguine according to package directions until al dente. Set aside ½ cup of pasta water, then drain pasta and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Sprinkle flour over evenly, then stir and cook until mixture is lightly golden.
Very gradually add broth in while adding bit by bit, waiting for mixture to become completely smooth before adding more broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then gradually stream in milk while whisking. Bring to a simmer and cook until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and add Parmesan. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Add pasta and a 1/4 cup reserved pasta water to sauce and toss to combine. If sauce is too thick add more pasta water, a tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.
Garnish with parsley and serve!